Long Beach Daily Photo: Robbery

Long Beach Daily Photo

A daily picture taken in and around the city I call home ~ Long Beach, California

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Robbery
















The nightly news has been reporting that the LA area has been having a rash of restaurant robberies. As I was leaving the office for lunch yesterday, I noticed a news helicopter hovering overhead. I quickly spotted police cars surrounding the Denny's just down the street. I thought it was interesting that all of the blinds were drawn.

3 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

Restaurant robberies? I heard of convenience stores and gas station mini markets....but never a Denny's. Interesting.

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was robbed once near your house. I was coming back from a beach jog around 6 pm and I was held at gun-point about a block and half from where you live. So, it is no surprise to see this post.

11:02 AM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

There's a park about a mile from here (Cherry & Ocean) which the homeless (and quite a few drug addicts) hung out in. But within the past two years, they've really worked at cleaning it up. Even though we live in a very nice neighborhood, we've noticed a decrease in the amount of riff-raff around.

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home