Long Beach Daily Photo: Historic Neighborhood

Long Beach Daily Photo

A daily picture taken in and around the city I call home ~ Long Beach, California

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Historic Neighborhood
















The other day I showed you a photo of my neighbor's gate. Today I thought I would show you a photo of the same neighbor's house. The neighborhood I live in consists of large (on average 5,000 sq ft), historic homes built between 1900 and 1920 (my house was built in 1920). Apparently this neighborhood was popular with the Hollywood stars of the day, including Alfred Hitchcock who lived just around the corner from me (although way before my time). Several homes in this neighborhood are like this one; almost as if the architects were attempting to give them a "castle" look.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Very English looking home. Very lucky, the family that lives in this house.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Rodney said...

Great shot! I love the historic homes in Long Beach especially the Bluff Park and California Heights districts.

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Larry said...

Appreciate you blogging thiss

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home