Long Beach Daily Photo: Gas Lamp

Long Beach Daily Photo

A daily picture taken in and around the city I call home ~ Long Beach, California

Friday, May 12, 2006

Gas Lamp
















The other day I was walking past the Post Office in downtown Long Beach and saw these amazing old gas lamps on either side of the front entrance. They look to be about 5 or 6 feet tall and are approximately 2 or 3 feet around and bookend the front entrance. I decided to use the Sephia setting on my camera to kind of capture the "oldness" of them. The Post Office was built sometime around 1900.

6 Comments:

Blogger Carrie Nichols said...

What a neat picture. This must be post office day today! My camera has that sepia effect but I've never tried it--I guess I should!

11:46 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

Hi Jonathan and welcome to the DP world! I just saw your blog. Could you pleas drop me a line at eric (at) parisdailyphoto.com I have some useful info on DPs for you.

Thanks.

2:44 PM  
Blogger Felicia said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by San Diego. Looking forward to seeing your photos.
Those are some huge lamps...do they still work?

10:32 PM  
Blogger Carlos Lorenzo said...

Welcome to the daily photo group. Nice photos. Keep up the good work

2:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jonathan! Welcome to the DP family! Glad to see another city join the growing list of daily photobloggers...I'm sure you will enjoy it!

6:06 AM  
Blogger Nicola said...

I like the use of the sepia here a lot!

1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home